Monday, November 22, 2010

What bad connector???

Doug called me last night to make sure I saw the news on the bad connector for the coil on cylinder 3.  Since I've spliced more wires than I can count getting ready for this race what's a couple more.  So after work today I ran over to the car with a box of tools and splices ready to go.  Turns out it was a simple fix, and I didn't have to cut any wires for a change.



Doug showed me the bad connector and let me know that when someone presses on it, the car runs, but without someone sitting under the hood, the car only runs on 5 out of 6 cylinders.  The connector wasn't seating on the coil, but when I looked at the connecter, somewhere between when Doug and I last ran the car and today, the connector had acquired an extra weather seal that prevented it from fitting on the coil.  Pulled out the extra seal and PRESTO, car runs again.

I wish all problems were this easy...

Since I was there, Doug and I spent a bit of time doing final clean-up and it looks like I can go away Thanksgiving weekend with a clear conscience that the car was running well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment