Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No joy yet in electrical land

After spending the evening reconnecting everything, I must admit I'm a few cables short of a full car.  Feel free to consider that my mental state or the car's as you see fit.



We are down to 1 engine harness and it is now reconnected to the rest of the car.  But, I lost the cable I built to convert to the Z32 fuel pump, and spent way too much time figuring out which wires from the big box-o-wires would work with this car and engine.  Between 5 races, 2 cars, and junk yard runs, there are a lot of wires to sort through.

Doug came through in the end and found what I needed, including the starter cable harness safely packed away on the shelf.  Sadly I was a battery away from testing.  Since I cleaned up the big ball of electrical tape that formerly served at the connection between the battery and the various spliced harnesses, I'm just short a power connecter, ground cable, and fuel pump.

I'm regrouping tonight and I'll try to finish up Saturday morning and get the engine to turn over.

No comments:

Post a Comment