Saturday, May 14, 2011

I get a cookie

To cut down on the number of black flags we used to get, we have added a new incentive. If a driver doesn't get into trouble, they get one of Cindy's homemade cookies when they get out of the car.

I started around 5:00 tonight and ran till just past 7:30, and I earned my cookie.

We put new tires on the car before the stint and the tires I found in Reno are not up to the abilities of the ones we usually use. The first couple of laps were pretty scary. The pit crew suggested that I slow down, but that was advise I did end up following. They should have promised a second cookie. In any case I had a long yellow flag session while they changed corner workers and the tires improved a bit with wear and then I could settle into a nice run.

The sun is down and Rod is in the car now turning his laps. After that we'll put Claus in and we should be at the halfway point of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment