Friday, December 4, 2015

Post practice

 The locked differential makes the miata a much more active car to drive. Not sure it is faster, but we have both understeer and oversteer to play with now. It is the diff that we have, so it's what we are running, but we definitely haven't made the car easier to driver. 

A challenge we have is everytime we make the cars faster, we find new parts that anrent up to snuff. We have been going through upper control arms each time we hit the track. Today was no different :-(  We did buy a new beefier one that also had adjustable camber, but it is much shorter that the old one. Lugnut and torch are now cutting and welding to get a beefier control arm the right size. It 'should' work.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get the ABS to work. I reviewed the original wiring I did and I definitely missed some of the power wires, so I got that all sorted out. Now when I turn the system on, it clicked and cycles so I'm hopeful. Give it 50/50 odds I'm done and done have to pull out the oscilloscope to figure out how the circuits are really working. 

For dinner, Cindy has quite a spread. We have tri-tip and ribs, but I'm very excited about the twice baked potatoes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment