Sunday, April 3, 2011

Work and Theme for Reno

We did work on the car this weekend. It was a good work crew; Kirsten, Rod, Claus and Myself. How much was accomplished can be put into question, but we did look over the car and it seems to have come through another tussle that was Sears Pointless with little new trouble.

Kirsten and Rod worked on the back brakes. New rotors where put on the back. I need to get another set to fit the fronts. Someone didn't get the order right, so that was put off.
Claus and I worked on testing the engine compression. I was a little surprised that we are still good. (1-180, 2-185, 3-180, 4-180, 5-180, 6-180). We, well Claus then me, also exchanged the rear differential oil, motor oil and filter.
Then on to some fun. Rod also brought the new head lights and we where able to get them mounted. We now need to get them wired up so I turn it over to you Sparky for help. Once we can light them up we will see if we need even more.

Finally, over cake that Kirsten brought (Thank You) we talked about the new theme. It is still to be decided (meaning sanity is still possible) but the lead is to go with the Japanese Nuclear theme. I have looked and we can change the number to 239. Pu 239 to be exact. Also painting the car all lime green is in the offing. Finally as for the team name, I could petition the Lemon Judges to go with the name change, but to avoid that the first thoughts where:
  • Clunker Refuge Racing Power by Reactor # 3 (For the tamer in the crowd)
  • Clunker Refuge Racing Power by Fukushima
or a true name change
  • Nissan FukuZhima
Any thoughts?

Muddy

2 comments:

  1. i hope i get to wear a Nissan FukuZhima reactor jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Z Meltdown myself. It has been noted that Fukushima was a 6 reactor power plant that lost cylinder #3, while we keep loosing #6. I think someone just has the firing order wrong.

    ReplyDelete