Monday, March 28, 2011

Brake issues

This was the shape of our rear brake when Claus came in on Saturday.  Changing the rear rotors is an easy job if we had spares, which we didn't.  So this launched the race to the cell phones to search and find a pair of 1986 rotors in stock somewhere within a reasonable drive from the track.  After a dozen or so calls, Oakland was seeming like a it wasn't too far and might be our best option.  The front rotor's also had issues, but the guys in car 20 (another Z parked next to us) has a spare set of fronts.


I'll attempt to get some more pictures from the weekend loaded as I get a chance to look at them.  So keep watching.  I'm sure Muddy will also start the work plan for Reno.

2 comments:

  1. We used the torture test of Sears Point to see if the pads would last for a 24 hour race. It looks like the pads destroyed the rotors and won handily. It doesn't hurt that the rotors where on their 7th race.

    I have order a new set of Powerstop rotors. For Reno I thought we could run on the new rotors and new hawk pads. Then the rotors and pads currently on the car could be held in reserver if trouble occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Brake Repair service

    ReplyDelete