Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pointless Start to Car work

Happy New Year!!!

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday's. As I come out of my Eggnog induced comma I thought it good to start the work on the next Lemon's race, Sears Pointless that will be held at Infineon over the March 26-27 weekend.

To start the race application will be due on January 15. They have changed the process where each driver needs to signup independently then attach yourself to a team. I have started the registration and will send out an invite, so all drivers at your leisure can sign up and add your names to the team.

As for getting the car ready we have some work to do. From the last race I have already started the broken item that need to wait for repair list and now have added several more items. Let me know through the comment section and we will go from there. Here is what I have:

1. Review Brakes
  • Order New Rotors
  • Get new Brake Pads
  • Brake Bias options/balance
2. Rear left drive shaft boot
3. Check Engine Compression
4. Transmission drive train seal and 4th gear issues
5. Roll bar repair
  • Box driver side support
  • Added overhead bar.
  • Check head clearance
6. Check Front Right Fender
7. Radio Head Sets review
8. Replace or repair one tires
9. ECU
  • Look for error messages
  • Look to connect Consult
  • Have Replacement
10. Review seat belt positions for all drivers
11. Review switch locations for all drivers.
12. Rear Differential
13. Nut Behind the wheel (Work on tank slapping and off avoidance i.e... practice)

To kick this off I will have some time this weekend January 8-9. Rod has said Sunday was his best day, so let me know if any of you have interest in working either days on the beast. I will be something both days

Muddy.

2 comments:

  1. I got the invite, and am all signed up on the Lemon's site. Let me know when you check it if there is anything else to do.

    I haven't done anything with the ECU, but at least we have a spare and the parts I have are now in the garage waiting for some attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Tiki Steve got a friend this holiday season, so she'll need to be mounted to the dash.

    ReplyDelete