Saturday, February 13, 2021

Arrival at Track and Tech Inspection

We arrived at the track by at 9:30. The first practices was occurring, and we looked longingly at the track. However, we had work to do. Lemon's rules and Lucky Dog rules are similar, but there are subtle differences. The D has been running since 2011, and has evolved as the rules evolved. So, there is a bit of patch work nature to the car. More was now needed.

The most obvious problem was the lack of seat. The seat was pulled two weeks ago for a bolster fitting. We need to wait for Queen and Torch to pick up the seat from Lugnut house and get it on track. The next problem was we did not have a window net. So, a quick trip to the pro shop, we acquired the hardware, and proceeded to install the net.

We did many more changes, however, was left with one that would take us all day if ask. A dash bar to the roll cage. The car does have a stock bar, but to the rules are the rules.  So, once we got of the changes, stickers, and seat in time to tech.

In tech, I had to talk to the race manager, and plead for the change in cars. Then when she took one look at the D she just laughed. "There has to be a good story for this". I was not sure if she was talking about the car change, the theme of the car, or the shabby nature of the whole thing.  When I looked, I think I understood.  The last the D ran was in 2019, and it had an adventure through the fields, and is was still covered in mud (not me for once). With her grace we proceed to talk with the head Tech Inspector.

That started out well, until he looked at the inside of the car with his first words " I am not thrilled". Oh, I knew I had some work on my hands at this point. With a lot of yeses, we are two, this is the car's last race, and this is not what was planned. In the end he did pass us. However, I was not give a new inspection book like new to them cars get, and a curious note on the tech sheet of one time acceptance.

Ok, we can live with that, and it is now time to hit the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment