Monday, July 8, 2013

Unofficial Notice; Were In!!! Now What???

We (or I) had a nice little sabbatical since Sears Pointless. After the race, the toys have been snuggled away for the spring with an occasional walkup call as I wander into the Shop searching for a beer. However, as July has hit, the call went out from Lemons HQ that applications for the Thunderhill Race (Vodden the Hell are We Doing) schedule to happen September 14-15 where due. Yes, I did get the application in on time.  Yes, I did get the notices to the drivers. And now I can prove that because, today I can unofficially confirm that both the D, and the Z are accepted into the race. I will post the official notice as soon as I get it.

However, this leads me to the next step, how do we get ready for this race? Before we tucked the cars in Queen, Torch and I did a quick checkout and also started the most egregious of the fender repair. At this point, I can't remember the exact compression numbers (that's why we write them done on the valve cover), but the Z was more even then before we started the race (Lugnut burn all the carbon deposits right out)  while the D was just a bit (10 psi) off in one or two cylinder. As for the bumps, well the D's front bumper was a little misaligned and will need a little more work to straighten out. For the Z, it still has a few dings to pound out on most corners, but all in all cosmetic stuff.

As for the rest of the butcher's bill, we are not too bad. A set of tires and brake pads for each. Normal maintenance and safety checks all around. For the D we do need to look at the Rear Differential. Reports from several drivers indicate that it is more open then limited slipping then before.  So, we will test that soon at let everyone know.  Also, we need to think about the possible heat. For that we have the very nice custom cooling seats. I would also like to avoid the heating of the fuel for the Z and devises a fix. However, short of these, I think the toys are in good shape for lemons that they are.

When I have the time I will put together a more though checklist, but for now, I am thinking 5-6 days of work to get the cars ready for Thunderhill.

Muddy






  

1 comment:

  1. good news everyone. mrs beaseley is for sale so if you can't get the cars running, i will donate her for you to drive at the race. (cue topgear dramatic music and focus on belching blue/white diesel smoke from tailpipe.)

    ReplyDelete