Sunday, December 4, 2011

Penalty box

The D has been flawlessly turning circles from the start of the day. Brandon took the car out first and then we put Kirsten in at the first driver change. We have moved up from 42nd last night to 37th at last check.

I started the day in the Z. We got off to a rough start as the alternator wasn't charging again. We swapped the alternator and then got onto the track.

From there I had a great run and was all set to get my cookie since that is the no-black-flag award. We fueled up, topped off the radiator and sent Claus out on the track.

A couple of laps later and he was in the penalty box. The infraction was speeding in the pits. 20 mph and the limit is 10. But since it was at pit exit, it was my speeding ticket on the way out, not Claus. One hour in the box :-(

So here I sit... No cookie for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment